Olympia 301: Becoming a Citizen Lobbyist
Friday, January 10, 2020 – 8:30am to 5:00pm
This one-day intensive is for if you consider yourself an ordinary citizen who wants to make a difference in extraordinary ways, and not just during the Washington State Legislative Session, but also year round.
What will you gain?
Your citizen toolbox for mastering the legislative process and building meaningful relationships with your State Lawmakers and their staffs:
- How to utilize your Capitol resources
- An in-depth “Understanding [of] the Legislative Process“
- How to think like a legislator, from the perspective of State Legislative members
- How to connect with all legislators, including those who do not share your views
- Understanding the role and value of a legislative assistant, as shared by those who presently serve as Legislative Assistants
- How to read and track bills, both on paper and through online sources
- The mechanics of testifying at a hearing
- Know where and how things happen on the capitol campus
Our day will begin in the Columbia Room, on the first (ground) floor of the Washington State Capitol Building. If you have trouble locating the room, please look for relevant signing or ask a campus security officer.
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (425) 608-02