FPIW is a vibrant and fast-paced team dedicated to God’s definition of family, the rights of parents to guide the upbringing of their children, our first freedoms of religion and speech, and Christian Social Justice. We are seeking an exciting new teammate to manage our office and handle bookkeeping duties. The position also entails a degree of event management and administrative executive assistance.
If you can ascribe to our Statement of Faith and you are committed to promoting life, family, parental rights, and freedom of religion in Washington, and even beyond, send us a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Office Manager Job Duties
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence and scheduling; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, and retrieval of records.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Processes mailed donations in database
- Responsible for producing and mailing weekly thank you letters and yearly tax statements to donors
- Records day to day financial transactions in QuickBooks
- Records donation reports from merchant services (Blackbaud, iATS) to QuickBooks weekly
- Records cash receipts and makes bank deposits weekly
- Tracks and ensures all bills are paid on time
- Tracks bank account balances
- Conducts a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Maintains the petty cash fund
- Develops monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit & loss, balance sheets
- Creates monthly donor reports
Skills and Software Proficiencies
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures, clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Luminate, and Blackbaud a plus
- Proficient in MS Office and QuickBooks