This Tuesday February 7th at 10:00 AM, the Senate Law and Justice Committee will hear testimony on Senate Bill 5433 relating to informed decision making for death with dignity decisions. We urge you to support this bill as it improves the definition of “informed decision” by requiring information be provided on treatment for the purpose of cure, and treatment for the extending of the patient’s life.
An informed decision or informed consent cannot happen unless a person has ALL the facts.
The hearing will be heard in the John A. Cherberg Building in Senate Hearing Room 4.
Family Policy Institute of Washington believes and argues for the sanctity of life from conception to natural death. And though we understand there are tragic end-of-life situations, we believe every patient deserves the fullest information, not only on their condition and the choice of assisted-suicide, but also on potential means of cure and/or the extension of their life.
SB5433 simply amends what is required of an attending physician to include counsel to the patient on possible curative and/or life extending treatments.
We urge you to:
- Call the legislative hotline at 1-800-562-6000 and register your support for SB 5433 with your specific Senator.
- Then call each member of the committee urging them to pass SB 5433 out of committee:
|Padden, Mike (R)
|106 Irv Newhouse Building||(360) 786-7606|
|O’Ban, Steve (R)
|102 Irv Newhouse Building||(360) 786-7654|
|Pedersen, Jamie (D)
Ranking Minority Member
|235 John A. Cherberg Building||(360) 786-7628|
|Angel, Jan (R)||203 Irv Newhouse Building||(360) 786-7650|
|Darneille, Jeannie (D)||237 John A. Cherberg Building||(360) 786-7652|
|Frockt, David (D)||227 John A. Cherberg Building||(360) 786-7690|
|Wilson, Lynda (R)||110 Irv Newhouse Building||(360) 786-7632|
- Email each committee member directly urging them to pass SB 5433 out of Committee:
|Chairman Mike Padden||Mike.Padden@leg.wa.gov|
|Vice-Chair Steve O’Ban||Steve.OBan@leg.wa.gov|
|Ranking Minor Member Jamie Pedersen||Jamie.Pedersen@leg.wa.gov|
- You can also leave comments on the bill page here, look for this button on the right.
- Share this page with your friends and family
- Come to Olympia this coming Tuesday, February 7th at 10:00 AM to support SB 5433.
- Pray that this important legislation comes to the floor of the Senate for a vote.