- The American College of Pediatricians writes strongly in favor of parental notification:
> There is professional consensus that adolescents have a real need for adult guidance, ideally that of their parents, in decision-making.
> For purposes of consent, however, abortion should be treated as any other medical or surgical procedure.
> When caring parents are involved in their teen’s pregnancy, they can help their daughter think about her pregnancy and consider her options.
>Parental involvement encourages the correct view of family.
> Parental notification prior to an adolescent’s abortion provides increased protection against sexual exploitation of minors by adult men.
>Read the entire white paper here.
- Call each member of the committee urging them to pass SB 5320 out of committee:
Padden, Mike (R)
106 Irv Newhouse Building (360) 786-7606 O’Ban, Steve (R)
102 Irv Newhouse Building (360) 786-7654 Pedersen, Jamie (D)
Ranking Minority Member
235 John A. Cherberg Building (360) 786-7628 Angel, Jan (R) 203 Irv Newhouse Building (360) 786-7650 Darneille, Jeannie (D) 237 John A. Cherberg Building (360) 786-7652 Frockt, David (D) 227 John A. Cherberg Building (360) 786-7690 Wilson, Lynda (R) 110 Irv Newhouse Building (360) 786-7632
- Email each committee member directly urging them to pass SB 5320 out of Committee:
Member Chairman Mike Padden Mike.Padden@leg.wa.gov Vice-Chair Steve O’Ban Steve.OBan@leg.wa.gov Ranking Minor Member Jamie Pedersen Jamie.Pedersen@leg.wa.gov Jan Angel Jan.Angel@leg.wa.gov Jeannie Darneille J.Darneille@leg.wa.gov David Frockt David.Frockt@leg.wa.gov Lynda Wilson Lynda.Wilson@leg.wa.gov
- Share this page with your friends and family
- Come to Olympia and testify in support of SB 5320 on Thursday January 26th at 10AM.
- Pray that this important legislation comes to the floor of the Senate for a vote.