This training is for you if:
- You’re ready to make a meaningful, lasting difference in Washington State.
- Your biblical worldview sparks a passion for truth and the culture.
- You want to learn how to equip, inform and edify others in your community and church family, biblically.
- You want to learn how to effectively navigate your State Government and the people who serve there.
This is NOT a political training.
This training combines key components from three of the Family Policy Institute of Washington signature trainings, Olympia 101, Olympia 301, and Church Liaison, all rooted in discipleship and, in the purest sense, “equipping the saints for every good work.” Everything that’s taught can be applied to any spiritual gift or calling administered in any arena; whether you find yourself in the church, grocery store, community park or the public square.
Like FPIW’s other citizen trainings, the intent of this training is to foster a lifestyle of citizen stewardship and Jesus-style servant leadership that is motivated for the long term by ones love for God and neighbor, and not the dictates of a civic calendar or the cares of this world.
What will participants gain from the FPIW Citizen Stewardship Training?
- Affirmation and encouragement for one’s calling and service to Our Lord.
- Discipleship in how to fruitfully follow Jesus into the public square.
- Effective tools, information and strategies for good stewardship of the national freedoms God has gifted and entrusted to us for His eternal purposes and glory.
- Connection and fellowship with like-minded believers who share a passion for traditional biblical values, the culture, and preserving a heritage of faith for future generations.
- Understand the scope and opportunities available to those who want to help make a meaningful difference in Washington State by joining the FPIW Statewide Citizen Action Network, including:
It’s critical to keep the momentum going year round!
Our ability to have a lasting influence in the culture depends on our careful vigilance and awareness of what is happening in our State Government. The reality is, most of the intense policy work is hammered out and scripted during the interim. We need to continue to show up, make calls, write letters, meet with legislators, pray, and get trained.
We hope you will consider joining us!
All FPIW citizen trainings are provided FREE of charge.
The FPIW Citizen Stewardship Trainings are generally offered during the Legislative Interim, between June and October. The interim is the optimal time for citizen trainings because we don’t have to contend with the urgency and time-constraints of the Session calendar.
The more relaxed pace allows us all to step back a little to effectively reassess, regroup, refine, refortify, and revisit our core issues, all with the intention of equipping ourselves and others for doing even more to protect our families and freedoms in Washington State.