Family Policy Institute of Washington – Database & Communications Manager Position
FPIW is a vibrant and fast-paced team dedicated to God’s definition of family, the rights of parents to guide the upbringing of their children, and our first freedoms of religion and speech. We are seeking an exciting new teammate to manage our critical database of supporters and the day-to-day flow of external communications, particularly social media. The position also entails a degree of event management and administrative assistance. If you can ascribe to our Statement of Faith and you are committed to promoting life, family, parental rights, and freedom of religion in Washington, and even beyond, send us a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Database Specialist 30% (12 hours per week)
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Database Specialist will support the fundraising and marketing of the organization in the aspects of CRM administration, reporting, systems and process documentation. The Database Specialist is also responsible for troubleshooting, optimization, and end-user training.
- Support day-to-day operational requests.
- Champion Salesforce best practices throughout the organization. Work with various functions and end users to identify, document and communicate standard business processes and best practices as they relate to Salesforce
- Identify opportunities for business or process improvement, make appropriate recommendations, and collaborate across the organization to implement solutions
- Benchmark best practices and ensure deliverables are on target with organizational goals
- Create and maintain product backlogs and user stories, discover customer and organizational needs, systems and operations requirements, customer rollout requirements, and usability
- Tenaciously work through issue identification, resolution, documentation and communication
- Quantify results through metrics and trend analysis
- Balance the customer requirements and the company requirements in building solutions
- Experience with CRM solutions – Salesforce (required)
- Strong customer orientation (internal customers and end-user customers)
- MS Excel
- Research Point
Content Curator/Communications Manager 30% (12 hours per week)
A content curator is someone who sorts through data on the Internet and collects the most relevant data to share on blogs, websites and through social media.
- Work with content providers to develop, upload and monitor content on the various FPIW social media outlets
- Help determine standards & guidelines both for what makes quality content, and how to present it well
- Create thematically curated lists of pieces of content to give suggestions to teachers based on user data and time of year
- Serve as liaison between content providers and FPIW Operations Team
Events Management 20% (8 hours per week)
Plans out and executes events ranging from fundraising dinners to community education meetings.
- Scout and book locations
- Develop and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate event logistics, including event webpage, registration, and attendee tracking, agendas, presentation, and materials support, and pre- and post-event evaluations
- Provide updates to President and COO of the event/meeting progress and ticket sales
Administrative Assistance 20% (8 hours per week)
- MS Word